Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Emma's First Book and Walker's Digging Bucket

I am so very proud of Emma today.  For school, she was supposed to write a book.  The book was already illustrated and she just had to come up with the story line for the illustrations.  We made a little book cover that she illustrated.  She colored all of the pages beautifully.  And for a 5 year old, I thought her story was fabulous!  She titled the book "Cat Book".  Below was the front cover of the book.  I told her that she should probably draw pictures from the story for the cover, but she said "No, since it is my first book, I am going to draw a heart because I know I will love it!"  And so she did.



I wrote on the front page that this was her first book and the date (and noted the fact that I wrote out the story, but she told me what to write).  And this is her story: "Cat is at the beach.  Cat is holding his boat.  He made a sand castle with sand. His bucket is in the sand."



He pointed at the sand castle he made.  He wanted water in the river.  Cat had an idea.  He wanted to get water in the bucket for the river.

Cat went to get some water in his bucket.  Cat left his umbrella in the sand.  He brought back the water.

He tripped on his umbrella.  His bucket fell on his head.  His water fell on the sand.

He put more water in his bucket.  And then he put his boat in it."  The end.

And this is the back cover where she drew the sun shining on the beach with the sand castle, Cat (she named the main character Cat) and the bucket. 


And then there is Walker.  He just makes me laugh.  Every time I ask if they want to go outside he screams "Yes!  I need to go get my digger stuff."  It is a bucket filled with many of his construction vehicles that he digs in the sand with, plus all of his sand shovels and rakes.

And this is Emma and Walker playing in the castle from Emma's birthday party.  Emma is fussing at Walker for trying to get into the castle with his "dirty" tractors.  She is telling him that he has to clean them off before he brings them in.  I can't imagine who she gets this from!


And here Walker is sweeping the drawbridge off so that Emma will allow him to come in!  This pictures speaks a thousand words to me! 

1 comment: