Monday, February 11, 2013

Grocery Lists and Christmas Cards

I am well aware that grocery lists and Christmas cards don't typically go together.  However, in my house, they kinda do!  Inside my pantry door, I have a dry erase board hanging with my grocery list and that is also where I keep all of my Christmas cards after the holiday is over.


The dry erase board is where I jot down anything that I run out of that needs to go on my grocery list.  I keep a dry erase marker on the top shelf of the pantry so I can grab it quickly.  Any time I use or eat the last of something, someone in the family thinks of something they would like me to have from the store or I just have a thought of something I need to buy- I just jot in down quickly. And then when it is time to go to the store- I can look at my list and make my grocery list from it.  This dry erase board had a natural wood frame on it that I didn't like very much, so I just painted it dark brown to match some of the colors in my kitchen. Then I attached it to the door with stick-on Velcro strips. This allows me the flexibility to take it on and off when I need to.


And since my kids often stand with the pantry door open staring- last year I decided to put all of our picture Christmas cards in there for us to look at all year long.  That way they are not out cluttering up my refrigerator or put away in a drawer somewhere, but they are in a place that allows us as a family to enjoy them!  The kids often stand and look at them while they are trying to decide what they would like to eat as a snack.  I used double sided tape to stick them to the door. When Christmas is over next year, I will just change them all out for the new ones!  

No comments:

Post a Comment