Monday, February 4, 2013

Laundry Organization

I have to admit that I have really been struggling to get my laundry done on time.  I am able to wash it and dry it, but getting it folded and put away seems to allude me.  I have felt like we have been digging through baskets of clean clothes trying to find that pair of white leggings or that particular pair of socks a few too many times.  I have been wanting to buy stack-able laundry baskets for about a year now, but would never break down and spend the money.  Well, I finally broke down!  And I am so excited!  (I know, most people do not get excited about such things.)  I have been price comparing for a while trying to find what I wanted at the cheapest price.  But, I found that most of the stack-able laundry baskets are about the same price everywhere.  They range from $5-$7 and most of the time the price is directly related to their sturdiness and/or their size.  I finally decided on ones that I found at Wal-Mart. They are both sturdy and spacious!


They cost $6.97 each (not cheap).  The great thing about them is that they each have handles that allow them to either stack (when the handles are turned completely inward) or be carried individually (when the handles are turned up).  One side of each bin is dipped down so that things can be placed inside of them or removed from them while they are in the stacked position.  Wal-Mart also carries other bins that are a little bit smaller, but still the same style that come in the colors navy, purple and pink that are $5.97. (That might allow you to assign each family member a color)

I am going to leave my bins stacked beside of my dryer. Every time I take a load of clothes out, I am going to go ahead and fold the clothes and place them in the proper basket.  The top one is for my bedroom- mine and my husband's clothes.  The middle one is for our oldest daughter's bedroom since she has her own room.  And the bottom one is for the two youngest kids, whom also share a bedroom.  So that way I can keep them stacked until time to put clothes away. And then I have a basket for each room that can be carried with it's own handles.  If I see that I have more clothes than will fit in the baskets, then I may buy one or two more and divide the baskets up into individual people.  But right now, I think this is going to help to keep me so much more organized!  Now when I don't have time to put clothes away, we can at least quickly locate whatever item we are looking for!  And since I plan to fold the clothes straight from the dryer- hopefully they will not be loaded with wrinkles from being waded up in piles like they have been recently.  Although these are a little pricey, I think that the time it is going to save me in putting clothes away and not having to iron is going to far outweigh the price!

4 comments:

  1. HI! I need these!! Do you have a link to purchase them? I can't seem to find them.... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I think they are only in-store. I couldn't find them online either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for something like this and cannot find them! DO you know what brand these are? I've been looking online for something comparable and I'm not really finding anything with handles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine at Walmart and the last time I was in there, they still carried them. They are called MainStays Large Stacking Bins. I just found them online. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Large-Stacking-Bin-Black-Red/22734172. It looks like you can order them to be picked up in your local store. Hope this helps!

      Delete