Monday, January 7, 2013

Saying Thank You

After Christmas, I am always overwhelmed by how many gifts and gestures of kindness we receive over the holidays.   I am very thankful that we are so blessed and that so many people love our family and want to show their love!  I just want to make sure that the kids learn to be thankful for all that they receive and make a point to express that thanks to others.  So, this year I decided we needed to do thank you pictures.  We made these pictures for everyone that lived near us that gave us something or did something special for us for the holidays.



 I painted the kids hands and we did each of their hand prints in their favorite colors.  Then Emma (7) and I wrote thank you notes at the top.  Each of the kids signed their names below their own hands.  Olivia (3) can't write her full name yet, so she just wrote the "O" for her name and I wrote the rest of the letters. Then I wrote a little note at the bottom of each one saying exactly what we were thankful for.  I thought they turned out really cute and colorful and the kids enjoyed doing them.  They all said that me painting their hands tickled.  Everyone who got one seemed to really enjoy it and a lot of them said the pictures were going on their refrigerators.  Emma enjoyed handing them out to people and getting to see their smiling faces when they received their thank you pictures.



2 comments:

  1. Great easy idea, but it gets the point across!!!! May have to steal and adjust a bit for my bigger kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky. I saw a similar idea and thought my kids would enjoy it. They did!

    ReplyDelete