Monday, January 14, 2013

Sewing Day!

I just started learning to sew in September or October.  So, I haven't been at it long.  But, I am obsessed!  I have always wanted to learn to sew, but I didn't have much free time with the kids being so small. And I thought that it would be really hard to learn.  However, it has been so easy to pick up!  It is amazing what you can do with just simple sewing.  I am still at a very basic level, but I am able to make all kinds of things.  Today I hemmed 7 pair of pants that had been in a pile in my closet for almost a year.  Some were pants that had holes in them that I wanted to turn into capris.  And some were ones that I had either bought at consignment sales or inherited.  I kept meaning to find someone to hem them for me, but just never got around to it.  So, now that I can sew- I finally got around to it myself!  Today I also made heart appliques for the girls shirts (which I will blog about when I get them finished).  And I made a curtain for my bathroom!

It is just a simple straight stitch curtain, but it was exactly what I wanted to add a little color and decoration to our den bathroom.  (Not sure how much more color it really needed since it is already bright red :) )

I love being able to sew!  And the great thing is that I am able to do things myself that save me a ton of money!  Getting those pants hemmed by someone else would have cost me at least $35.00.  And I think I have about $3.00 invested in this little curtain.  Frugal and fun- just my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment