Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Best Diaper Cream

I am sure most moms have had to change screaming babies' diapers when their little bottoms are red.  A nurse shared a fabulous recipe with me a few years ago when I was in the states and Walker had a really bad diaper rash.  It is wonderful!  I have recently been using it again with Olivia and thought I would share.

You mix equal parts of :
Maalox (the liquid antacid)
Desitin (or your favorite diaper cream)
Lotrimin (for foot fungus) or Monistat (for yeast infection)

Make them into a paste and use a cotton ball or q-tip to rub it on gently.  The Maalox is supposed to take the acid or sting out, the Desitin protects it from further irritation and the Lotrimin or Monistat kills any fungus that could be growing.  Happy diapering!

No comments:

Post a Comment