Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Crafts Galore

The kids and I have stayed super busy with Christmas crafts. One of our favorites was making light catcher ornaments out of jello powder.


Emma displays them on a broomstick.

We had a little bit of everything- from Christmas shapes to a moon and an apple. 
(Yes, the green on is an apple)


And another favorite, that was shared with me by my friend Amy, are string balls.  They are so easy!  You just blow up a balloon, wrap it with string and then paint a mixture of glue and water over it.  Let it dry and that is it!  You can hang them on the tree or just lay them on a table as decoration. 


Emma and Walker played with theirs before they put them on the tree.

They turned out pretty cute and look great on my tree!

And the next one was pretty much my craft.  I have been trying to figure out how to decorate the table for our Christmas dinner of 16 people.  I am trying to stay on a very modest budget, and most of the Christmas decorations here are pretty expensive.  I bought a few Christmas balls, a green basket to use as the centerpiece and fill with holiday somethings and I wanted something red to place under it to offset all of my green.  I had planned to make a red felt table runner and cut out white felt pieces and let the kids glue them on to look like snowflakes.  However, after asking in 4 different fabric stores and no luck on felt, I have been trying to think of something else that would be simple and inexpensive.  I finally thought of this:


These are my 5-point "paper" snowflakes, made out of red fabric!  I am just going to spread them out along the table and set my other decorations on top of them.  We'll see how they look with it all together, but I was actually pretty pleased at how they look by themselves!  No sewing and very budget friendly!  And as all snowflakes- no two are alike!

And Emma and her friend Vivian really enjoyed using the scraps from my project to make their own creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment