Monday, December 6, 2010

New talkers.

There is nothing sweeter than when a little one is learning to talk.  Olivia says lots of words, most of which only our family can understand.  But my very recent favorite is when she says Walker's name.  If she is sitting in her chair eating in the mornings and Walker comes down the stairs, she starts screaming "Kaka, kaka".  For most of you, that just seems cute.  But for those of us who also speak spanish, it is pretty funny!  Especially when she screams it out in public.  "Caca" (pronounced kaka in the english language) means "poop" in spanish.  Walker and Emma are going through a lovely "potty talk" stage (at least I hope it is a stage!) That is all they want to talk about, say to each other, say to other kids, etc.  I sometimes feel as if we are fighting a losing battle with trying to keep it to a minimum.  Anyway, Olivia's new version of Walker's name (kaka) sends them into hysterics.  And I have to admit, that hearing it come out of a one year old's mouth, is pretty funny.  And endearing all at the same time, because I know that she thinks she is saying his name perfectly.  And she says it with such excitement.  I just love hearing her say new words, even if it means I now have three potty mouth kids living in my house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment