Saturday, December 18, 2010

Going Paperless- magazines!

As we have started preparing to move, my urge to organize everything in my house has greatly increased.  I want to throw away or sell almost everything that we have that does not have sentimental value, just in order to decrease the clutter that we have created in the last 7.5 years that we have lived here.  Recently, we have been sorting through our filing cabinets to decide what we really need/want to keep and what we can throw away/live without.  It has encouraged me to go paperless in every way that I can!  I found a pile of magazine clippings that I had saved a few years ago that had good ideas in them for recipes, crafts and great gifts.  I hated to throw them away, because I still really liked the ideas.  But, I certainly didn't want to keep the paper copies.  So, in my quest to sort through them and find a way to get them onto my computer, filed into a place that I could find easily when I needed them, I found a fabulous website!  It is called coverleaf.com.  You can create an account with them for free.  And once you do, they have hundreds of magazines that you can order digitally.  I am a huge fan of Disney's Family Fun magazine and for $6.00, I can get a year's subscription to it without a single piece of paper clutter in my home!  And with the coverleaf account, I can access past articles, clip the articles I like and create folders to easily view them and share them with others.  Now when I am looking for a craft idea, I can get on my coverleaf home page and look through my albums for "craft ideas"!  And I know that I will like them because I already picked them as great ideas!  And, if you are already a subscriber to a magazine that they have, you can sign-up for the digital copy for free! 

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment