Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Plates and Greeting Cards

We are now entertaining ourselves by painting ceramic plates and making Christmas cards for our friends. 


Chris, Emma and Walker painted while Olivia ate dinner.  (You can see her in the mirror!)



This is Emma's masterpiece.  She wrote very largely "by Emma", just so we would all know.  The drawing on the left is a gingerbread man.  The one in the middle is a candy cane.  The one on the right is a Christmas cookie.  And she wasn't sure what the lines in the middle were.  Just decoration, I guess.



This is the plate Emma painted for Olivia.  A candy cane, a snowman, a container to put things in (the green thing on the left), and then a heart with hair and a face and maybe legs?  I can't remember what the red thing was.  And she very proudly wrote Merry Christmas 2010. 



This is Chris's plate.  Pretty self explanatory.  He was not a fan of the fact that I put red and white dots on the outside borders of all the plates to kind of "tie them together".  He said he was "not a dot kind of guy". 



This was Walker's green masterpiece.  He practically painted the whole plate green.  And then he said I could finish painting it.  So, I added a snowman and "Let it snow".  Hopeful wishing, I guess.  (It is over 100degrees here- yep, dead of summer!)


This is Walker's other masterpiece.  I am not sure what any of it is.  He didn't know either.  I added the dots, of course, and the Christmas 2010.

Now we have plates to use for the rest of the year.  And, my hope is to add to a whole table setting each year.  Maybe one day we will have a huge table setting, with artwork that the kids have done over the years. 

And then we did our Christmas cards.  We did snowmen, and I think they turned out pretty cute.  Emma and Walker both helped me paint the bodies.  We used sponges.  And then Emma helped me do all the detail work: hats, arms, etc. 




And since Emma and I are the ones who really love to paint and do crafty stuff together, the rest of the family entertained themselves with trying on Santa hats.


Never a dull moment in the Fry household!


No comments:

Post a Comment